Geography Standards - Nevada
Content Standard G5.0 - The World in Spatial Terms: Students use maps, globes, and other geographic tools and technologies to locate and extrapolate information
about people, places, and environments.
Map Elements & Concepts
Map Selection & Analysis
- G5.9-12.2 Analyze and interpret geographic information by selecting
appropriate maps, map projections, and other representations, i.e.,
urban planning, national parks.
- G5.9-12.3 Apply concepts and models of spatial organization an
use quantitative methods to identify and make decisions about geographic information.
- G5.9-12.4 Analyze a variety of complex maps, i.e.,
land use, to acquire geographic information.
Map Use & Geographic Tools
- G5.9-12.6 Analyze maps for purpose, accuracy, content, and design.
- G5.9-12.7 Analyze and interpret Earth's physical and
human features using appropriate geographic tools and technologies.
- G5.9-12.8 Select and design maps, graphs, diagrams, tables, or
charts to organize geographic information using a variety of
Content Standard G6.0 - Places & Regions - Students understand the physical and human features of places and use this information to define and study regions
and their patterns of change.
Application of Concepts & Characteristics of Places & Regions
- G6.[9-12].1 Determine how relationships between humans and the
physical environment lead to the development of and connections
among places and
- G6.[9-12].2 Explain why characteristics of place change.
- G6.[9-12].3 Apply the concept of region to organize and study a
- G6.[9-12].4 Analyze selected historical issues, demographics, and
questions using the geographic concept of regions.
Cultural Identity & Perspective
Patterns of Change & Impact of Technology
- G6.[9-12].7 Determine how tools affect the way cultural groups
perceive and use resources within
Content Standard G7.0 - Human Systems - Students understand how economic, political, and cultural processes interact to shape patterns of human migration and
settlement, influence and interdependence, and conflict and cooperation.
Migration & Settlement
- G7.[9-12].2 Evaluate the impact of migration and settlement on
physical and human systems.
- G7.[9-12].3 Analyze the development of civilizations and the
impact it has on the changes and progress of human development.
Rural & Urban Communities
Analysis of Economic Issues
- G7.[9-12].6 Analyze and evaluate international economic issues
from a spatial perspective.
- G7.[9-12].7 Analyze how location and distance connect to
influence economic systems at local, national, and international levels.
- G7.[9-12].8 Evaluate changes in the size and structure of
cultural, political, and economic organizations.
Content Standard G8.0 - Environment and Society - Students understand effects of interactions between human and physical systems and the changes in use,
distribution, and importance of resources.
Changes in the Physical Environment
- G8.[9-12].1 Analyze how changes in the physical environment
can increase or diminish its capacity to support human activity.
Technology Modifications of the Physical Environment
Effects of Natural Hazards on Human Systems
Management of Earth's Resources
- G8.[9-12].5 Analyze patterns of use, the changing distribution, and
relative importance of Earth's resources.
- G8.[9-12].6 Develop policies for the use and management of Earth's
resources that consider the various interests involved.