Explain how Europe benefited from cultural diffusion during the period c. A.D. 1000 - 1500.
Check to be sure each of the following statements are true. If false, please correct them in the essay.
- Is your purpose apparent to the reader?
- Is your purpose fulfilled?
- Is your thesis stated in one sentence?
- Is it stated in the introduction?
- Are your statements always accurate?
- Are your statements always logical?
- Are there enough concrete examples to illustrate your meaning?
- Are there enough illustrations, facts, and reasons to adequately support your thesis?
- What scheme controls the order of your paper?
- cause & effect
- comparison & contrast
- relative importance of examples
- Why did you choose one pattern or combination of patterns rather than another?
- Is it always clear how you progress from one thought to another?
- Is the relationship of each paragraph to the thesis apparent?
- Is your thesis evident throughout the paper?
- Does each paragraph have a topic sentence?
- Does each paragraph have a transition?
- Is each paragraph fully developed, unified, and coherent?
- Does your conclusion truly end the paper?
- Does the conclusion emphasize your thesis?
- Do you vary your sentence structure and sentence length effectively?
- Do you vary sentence openings effectively?
- Do you employ an occasional short sentence to emphasize an important point?
- Is your word choice consistently appropriate to the subject, to the audience, and to the tone you have adopted for the essay?
- Is there any word which could be replaced by a more precise term?
- Is your writing enlivened by any unusual word choices or any striking, but appropriate, figures?
- Can you say it more clearly?
- Can you say it more briefly?
- Have you proofread carefully?